This Loaded Mashed Potatoes recipe is the ultimate side dish to serve with your dinner!
Total Time: 50 mins Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 40 mins Servings: 8
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
5 Pounds Russet Potatoes, or yukon gold potatoes
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt, for boiling potatoes
1 Cup Heavy Cream, or Whole Milk
½ Cup Unsalted Butter, sliced into tablespoons
¼ Cup Sour Cream, optional
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded, divided
1 Cup Monterey Jack, shredded, divided
Kosher Salt, to taste
1 Teaspoons Black Pepper, or to taste
1 Teaspoons Garlic Powder, or to taste
½ Cup Green Onion, sliced
1 Pound Bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Clean, peel, and chop potatoes into 1-inch chunk pieces. Next, add potatoes to a large pot. Fill the pot with water to cover potatoes. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the pot, then, bring to a boil and for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes become fork tender. Drain water from the pot.
3. In a separate pot on medium-low heat, add in heavy cream, sliced butter, and sour cream optionally. Continuously stir until butter is melted, then, remove from heat. You could also add heavy cream and butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute.
4. Using a ricer, rice potatoes into a bowl. Next, add in the heavy cream mixture, salt to taste, black pepper, and garlic powder. Use a silicone spatula and mix potatoes until it reaches a smooth consistency. If you do not have a potato ricer, you can add the cooked potatoes to a bowl, use a masher to mash the potatoes, then add in heavy cream mixture & spices.
5. Next, fold in green onion & ¾ of chopped cooked bacon. Then, fold in ½ cup cheddar cheese and ½ cup monterey jack.
6. Add potato mixture to a large baking dish and spread out evenly. Top potatoes with remainder of cheese. Then sprinkle on smoked paprika and top with the remainder of bacon. Bake in the oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the cheese has slightly browned and becomes bubbly. Once done, remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes to firm, then, enjoy.