You have to try these Teriyaki Meatballs! They are an easy recipe to make, that can be prepared in under 45 minutes!
Total Time: 40 min Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 min Servings: 6
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
2 Pounds Ground Beef, 80% Fat 20% Beef
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
1 Eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
4 Cloves Minced Garlic, or 1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 Teaspoon Grated Ginger, or ginger paste
¼ Cup Fresh Scallions (Green Onion), diced
12-inch Skillet, or larger
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. In a mixing bowl add and combine Ground Beef, Salt, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Beaten Egg, and Breadcrumbs. Be sure not to over mix as it will cause the meat to become tough.
3. Take about 1 Tablespoon worth of the mixture and roll it into meatballs. Recommend, refrigerating meatballs for 15 minutes before cooking.
4. Place meatballs on a lined baking sheet, lightly coated with non-stick cooking oil. Bake meatballs for 20-25 minutes or until they reach desired doneness.
5. For sauce, in a mixing bowl, combine and mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, brown sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger.
6. For sauce, to reduce sauce it is best to use a wide skillet or pot as it will reduce faster; recommended 12-inch skillet. Pour sauce mixture into a skillet on medium-high heat, bring to a high simmer, and frequently stir. While reducing the sauce, we are aiming to thicken it. The sauce will appear “foamy”, this should take on average about 10 minutes to reach this point. Sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
7. Once sauce has thickened, slightly reduce heat, then add in cooked meatballs. Toss meatballs in sauce for about 2-3 minutes. Then, add in diced scallions and mix in for another minute. Remove from heat and enjoy.