When you have a taste for something sweet during the holiday season, try this easy Strawberry Trifle Cake!
Total Time: 50 minutes Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Servings: 10
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Strawberry Trifile Cake
2 Pounds Strawberries
½ Cup Granulated White Sugar
2 Packets Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding, 4 ½ Servings each packet
4 Cups Whole Milk, cold
2 Cups Cool Whip
24 oz Pound Cake, sliced into cubes
2 Large Mixing Bowls
Trifle Bowl or Dish of Choice
1. Slice each strawberry into quarters. Add strawberries to a bowl and toss in white sugar. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. For pudding mixture, to a bowl, add in two packets of instant vanilla pudding. Pour in milk, and continuously whisk for 2 minutes, then let rest for 5 minutes so the pudding can set. Next, whisk in Cool Whip until it is fully mixed in. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes.
3. After the strawberries have refrigerated for at least 30 minutes, strain the syrup that has formed, and place into a cup.
4. Layer the ingredients into a trifle bowl or another dish of preference.The order: Add in ⅓ of the cubed pound cake, pour ⅓ of strawberry syrup over the pound cake, top with ⅓ of pudding mixture, and then top with ⅓ of sliced strawberries. Repeat these steps for a total of 3 layers.
5. Refrigerate the strawberry trifle cake for at least 2 hours before serving and then enjoy.