One of the best drinks to have when it’s cold outside is Hot Chocolate! Try this recipe the next time you need something to warm you up.
Total Time: 15 minutes Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 10 mins Servings: 4
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
½ Cup Granulated White Sugar
¼ Cup Cocoa Powder, sifted
3 Cups Whole Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
Pinch of Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
4 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar, chopped into pieces
Large Cooking Pot
Mesh Strainer, to sift
1. In a large pot, add in white sugar and sift in cocoa powder. Stir the sugar and cocoa powder together to combine.
2. Place the pot over medium-low heat. Next, add in milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Stir ingredients together well until they are fully combined.
3. Heat up the mixture until it starts to steam. Be sure to not heat up the mixture too much as we do not want the mixture to boil.
4. Once the mixture is steaming, add in chopped semi-sweet chocolate. Continually stir until the chocolate is melted.
5. Once the chocolate has melted, slightly turn the heat up to bring the mixture to a low simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes while periodically stirring. Once the chocolate has achieved a smooth and creamy texture you can remove it from the heat.
6. Allow the hot chocolate to cool for a couple of minutes before serving and enjoy!