If you want a good weeknight dinner, try this Chicken Lo Mein! It's easy to make and sure to be appetizing for you and the whole family when you have a taste for takeout.
Total Time: 35 mins Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Servings: 4
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Chicken Lo Mein
8 oz Lo Mein Noodles, or spaghetti noodles
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
½ Medium Yellow Onion, sliced
4 oz Carrots, sliced
4 Stalks Scallion, sliced
Sesame Seeds, for garnish
1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs , sliced into chunks
1 Tablespoon Neutral Oil
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ Cup Unsalted Chicken Stock
⅓ Cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Ginger, grated
1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Clean, trim excess fat, and pat dry chicken. Then, slice chicken into chunk size pieces.
2. Add chicken to a bowl and toss in oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Prepare the lo mein sauce by combining and mixing ½ cup chicken stock, ⅓ cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ginger, 3 cloves minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
4. Boil our noodles according to packaging until they are al-dente. Suggestion tip, once noodles are done, rinse them under cold water and drizzle in a little bit of oil to prevent them from sticking. Then set aside.
5. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat, then add in oil. Once oil is hot, add in chicken. Cook chicken in small batches for about 2 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Once chicken is done remove from the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add in sliced onions. Cook onions for about 1 minute, then add in sliced red bell peppers and sliced carrots. Cook for another 1 minute until tender but crisp.
6. Add in lo mein sauce and continuously stir until sauce has thickened, then toss in cooked lo mein noodles. Toss and combine noodles for about 1-2 minutes. Fold in chicken, scallions, and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Enjoy!