This Chicken & Broccoli Fettuccine is sure to satisfy your pasta cravings and be your potential go-to meal for dinner. This is a great weeknight entree that you can whip up for yourself and have enough for leftovers!
Total Time: 1 Hour 50 minutes Prep Time: 10 mins Marinating Time: 60 mins Cook Time: 40 mins Servings: 6
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Chicken & Broccoli Fettuccine
2 Pounds Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
¼ Cup Olive Oil, for seasoning chicken
1 ½ Teaspoons Kosher Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Cumin
½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, for cooking chicken
1 Pound Fettuccine Pasta
¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
½ Medium Yellow Onion, diced
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
½ Cup Chicken Broth
3 Cups Heavy Cream
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt, or to taste
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper, or to taste
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, or to taste
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
¼ Cup Reserved Pasta Water
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
½ Pound Broccoli Florets, steamed
1. Clean and pat thinly sliced chicken breast dry. Chicken should be around a ¼-inch thick and even in size.
2. To season our chicken, in a bowl, combine & mix olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, cumin, & cayenne pepper. Add chicken to the bowl and make sure each piece of chicken is fully coated in our spice blend. Place chicken in a plastic zip bag or cover the bowl and refrigerate chicken for at least 1 hour.
3. After the chicken is done marinating, start preparing the pasta. Cook pasta according to packaging. I recommend boiling 1 Pound of Pasta in 4 quarts of water with 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt until Al-Dente. Save some of the pasta water that was used to boil the pasta for later steps.
4. To steam broccoli, you can use your method of preference. My preferred method is to bring one inch of water to a boil in a pot. Slice a head of broccoli into individual broccoli florets and add broccoli florets to a steamer basket. Add the steamer basket inside of the pot, place a lid on the pot and steam for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
5. Before cooking our chicken, remove it from the refrigerator and let it sit out at room temperature for about 5 minutes before adding it to the skillet.
6. To cook our chicken, heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in olive oil. Once oil is hot, add in chicken breast and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done with an internal temperature of 165 F.
Tip: When cooking the chicken breast, you can partially cover with a lid and this will help retain moisture
7. Once chicken is done, remove from skillet and set aside.
8. For our sauce, in the same skillet that was used to cook our chicken, reduce heat to medium and add in butter. Once butter is melted, add in diced onion, add in a pinch of salt, and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Next, add in minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Then, add in chicken broth, mix in, and bring to a simmer. Begin to scrape up bits at the bottom of the skillet.
9. Once chicken broth is simmering, add in heavy cream. Continuously stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Then, add in salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pasta water. Mix in spices and pasta water well. Continuously stir sauce, slightly turn up heat, and bring sauce to a high simmer.
10. Once the sauce is simmering, periodically stir for about 5-7 minutes to thicken the sauce.
11. After the sauce has thickened, reduce heat to low. Add in shredded parmesan cheese and mix in until it is melted. Then, add in cooked pasta and mix in with the sauce on low heat for about 2 minutes, so that the pasta can adhere to the sauce.
12. Remove the skillet from the heat. Toss in steamed broccoli and cooked chicken.