You have to try these Cheesesteak Quesadillas! They are loaded with steak and melted cheese in a crispy tortilla. This recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and is great for a quick lunch or dinner.
Total Time: 30 mins Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 min
2 Pounds Ribeye Steak, or shaved ribeye steak
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, for steak seasoning
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil, or cooking oil of choice
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 Medium Sweet Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, minced
Pinch Kosher Salt, for onions & peppers.
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
4 oz Provolone, or more if desired
4 oz Monterey Jack, or more if desired
6 Medium Flour Tortillas
1. Slice ribeye steak into cubes, then add into a large bowl. Add in and combine olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add in avocado oil or cooking oil of choice. Once oil is hot, add in steak. Cook steak for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until steak reaches desired doneness.
3. Once steak is done cooking, remove from the skillet. Reduce skillet heat to medium and add in another tablespoon of cooking oil. Next, add in diced onions, red bell peppers, and green bell peppers. Season onions and peppers with a pinch of salt and cook for about 2 minutes or until tender. Then, add in minced garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add cooked steak back into the skillet. Add in worcestershire sauce and mix in well for about 2 minutes. Then, set aside.
5. To assemble the quesadilla, add a layer of cheese to one side of the quesadilla, top with about ½ cup of steak mixture, add another layer of cheese, then fold the tortilla over. Repeat these steps for each tortilla.
6. In a skillet, with a little bit of oil, add in quesadilla. Cook for about 30 seconds on each or until it reaches a golden brown color and flip over. Enjoy!