You have to try these Braised Filipino Style Adobo Chicken Thighs. They are full of flavor and a meal that you can make over and over again.
Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
Braised Filipino Style Adobo Chicken Thighs
6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs
¾ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
¾ Cup White Vinegar
4 Garlic Cloves Minced
4 Bay Leaves
1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns
1 Medium Sweet Onion, diced
4 Tablespoons Neutral Cooking Oil, divided
1. Clean and pat chicken thighs dry.
2. For marinade, in a bowl, add in Soy Sauce, White Vinegar, Minced Garlic, Black Peppercorns and Bay Leaves. Mix well, then add in Chicken Thighs. Marinate Chicken in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours. Save Marinade for later steps.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
4. On medium heat, add 2 Tablespoons cooking oil to the dutch oven pot. Add in Chicken Thighs and brown on both sides for about 3 minutes to add color. We are not fully cooking the chicken during this step, just browning.
5. Remove chicken and set aside. Add in the remainder of cooking oil, then add in diced onions and saute for about 3 minutes or until tender. Pour in the remaining chicken marinade and bring to a simmer. Place Chicken Thighs in skin side down, place lid on top and insert into oven.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven, turn over, baste chicken and continue baking for another 30 minutes uncovered.
7. Once done, garnish in green onion and enjoy.