These BBQ Spiced Baked Chicken Thighs are an easy weeknight entree to have for dinner. With a combination of spices & herbs that provide the beloved & familiar BBQ flavor, these are sure to be a recipe that you can include in your meal rotations. Eat as is or brush on some of your favorite sauces to take it to another level!
Total Time: 2 Hours Prep Time: 60 mins Cook Time: 60 mins Servings: 6
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
BBQ Spiced Baked Chicken Thighs
6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs; approximately 2 pounds
⅓ Cup Olive Oil, up to ½ cup
¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar
4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
4 Teaspoons Black Pepper
4 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 Teaspoons Cumin
¼ Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
Container with Lid or Plastic Zip Bags
Large Baking Pan
Oven Baking Rack
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Clean, trim excess fat, and pat dry chicken thighs.
2. For marinade: In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, light brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, cumin, and ground cayenne red pepper. Whisk or use a spoon to mix spice marinade mix together.
3. Fully coat chicken thighs in marinade and make sure to place marinade underneath the skin of the chicken thighs. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight.
4. Once chicken is done marinating, preheat the oven to 425 F.
5. Line a baking pan with foil, place an oven baking rack on top of the pan, and lightly coat the baking rack with non-stick cooking spray. Place the thighs on the oven baking rack skin side up, uncovered, and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn over thighs and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes or until thighs are done with an internal temperature of 165 F and have reached desired doneness.
6. You can brush on your favorite sauce or eat as is and enjoy.