These Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are easy to make and will make a great quick meal or party appetizer.
Total Time: 40 mins Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Servings: 24
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
1 Pound Bacon, of choice
½ Medium Yellow Onion, diced
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt, for seasoning onions
2 Pounds Ground Beef, 80% Lean 20% Fat
1 Teaspoon Adobo, or all purpose seasoning of choice, to taste
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt, or to taste
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper, or to taste
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder, or to taste
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated
8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, freshly grated
¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened, to toast buns
24-count King’s Hawaiian Rolls, or dinner rolls
1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds, optional
1. To toast buns, preheat the oven to high broil. Slice the Kings Hawaiian Rolls in half horizontally so there is a bottom half of buns and top half of buns. Lightly spread softened butter on the insides of each half of the buns. Place buns on a lined baking sheet, inside facing up, and broil for 1-2 minutes to toast buns. Buns should be placed in the middle of the oven about 6-inches away from the broiler.
2. Once done toasting bread, change oven temperature to 350 F.
3. In a skillet on medium-high heat, add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Once oil is hot, add in bacon and cook until it reaches desired doneness. Once done, strain, and remove bacon from the skillet and set on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
4. Drain some grease from the skillet and leave about 2 tablespoons worth of bacon grease left in the skillet. Add in diced onion with a pinch of salt and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
5. Next, add in ground beef and season with Adobo or All Purpose Seasoning of choice, black pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes or until beef is fully cooked. Once done, strain grease from beef and set aside. Be mindful of how much salt you add to cook the beef, I recommend adding a little at a time and taste before adding more when beef is cooked.
6. Freshly grate cheddar & monterey jack cheese, place half of the cheeses on the bottom bun layer. Add cooked beef on top of cheese, add the remainder of cheese on top of the beef, place bacon on top of cheese, and cover with top half of buns. Brush on melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
7. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top of the buns are golden brown.