When I think of the perfect appetizer, nothing beats the classic Spinach Dip.
Try this 3-Cheese Spinach Dip recipe that is sure to be your go to appetizer recipe.
Total Time: 40 mins Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Servings: 6
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
3-Cheese Spinach Dip
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
12 Ounces Fresh Spinach
Pinch of Kosher Salt, for cooking spinach
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated, divided
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese, freshly grated, divided
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt, or to taste
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper, or to taste
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, or to taste
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Yellow Corn Tortillas
Vegetable Oil, or cooking oil of choice for frying
Margarita Salt, or flaky salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a skillet on medium heat, add in butter. Once butter is melted, add in spinach and sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Cook down spinach for a couple of minutes until it is welted, then add in minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Once done, remove from the skillet and let spinach cool down to about room temperature.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add in and combine together softened cream cheese, 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, 8 oz mozzarella cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Once everything is mixed together well, add in cooled cooked spinach and mix in well.
4. Place mixture into a baking dish of your choice, I used a cast iron skillet. Top with the remaining ½ cups of cheddar & mozzarella cheese, sprinkle on smoked paprika, and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. The cheese should appear slightly browned and bubbly. Once done, remove from the oven and let cool down for about 5-10 minutes for the dish to firm up.
5. For the homemade tortilla chips, slice the tortillas into even triangle pieces. Add about 3 inches worth of cooking oil into a frying pot. Heat cooking oil in a cooking pot to about 350F and add in tortillas in small batches. Cook tortillas for about 1 minute, flipping halfway through cooking. Chips will have a golden brown color. Once chips are done, strain from cooking oil and set on a paper towel. Immediately sprinkle on flaky salt when the chips come out of the oil.